Software and System Architect
We’re looking for a strong Software and System Architect, who will build the architecture and design of a new event-driven platform. You should be a person with passion and a deep understanding of the current software world, the cloud, as well as a desire to research new technologies.
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership to the colleagues in your team, defining and driving the vision and architecture of this new service, including platform roadmap and technology selection.
- Help to build a new "startup" team with stress on culture, technology choice, and product vision.
- Lead and be responsible for the platform architecture in all aspects, and design production-grade product infrastructures that will serve many of AT&T’s core telecom business processes.
- Provide technical leadership to the team and peers, provide guidance, perform reviews, prevent and resolve technical issues.
- Perform technology research in order to solve concrete problems and define future roadmap
- Provide leadership across the AT&T architecture community to ensure solutions are built in alignment with platform principles and standards.
- Work with software engineers and other stakeholders (other architects, product, business clients) to mentor, assist, build, define and be aligned with the business development and deployment needs.
- Work with software engineers, to mentor, assist, build and define architectural business development and deployment needs.
- Work with peer architects in the US and other stakeholders (product, business clients) to define and align on business, architectural, operations and deployment needs
- 10+ years’ experience of software product development roles, 5+ years' experience working as a Principal Engineer, Senior Architect, or Distinguished Engineer in complex cloud-based global organizations
- Strong understanding and experience in microservices-based architecture, multi-tenant infrastructures, event-driven/reactive programming and service choreography, data management and analysis
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent - information technology, management information systems, software engineering or networking (Master's degree – an advantage)
- Experience as a SaaS/PaaS architect with strong hands-on knowledge of cloud technologies including Event Grid, Kubernetes, Security, non-functional elements, DBs, and other cloud technologies and services.
- Familiarity with contemporary open source and cloud ecosystem in general, integration methodologies and implementation
- Experience with open source projects – an advantage
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools and processes in a Hybrid environment (Data Center and Cloud)
- Strong at identifying problems, solving complex problems with simple solutions
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Someone who can discuss and present information logically and concisely
- Strong customer-centric approach
- A true leader who thinks strategically
Why should you consider this job?
- You will be part of a new vibrant team that loves technology and challenges, leading new innovations, technologies and solutions at the heart of an established technology-leading organization
- You will work with the advanced industry technologies to build solutions that will serve one of the biggest scale global telecom and media companies
- You will have the opportunity to work in a strong software organization, with ever-growing opportunities for personal growth