Software and System Architect
As an architect, you will:
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership to the colleagues in your team, defining and driving the vision and architecture of this new service, including platform roadmap and technology selection.
- Help to build a new "startup" team with stress on culture, technology choice, and product vision.
- Lead and be responsible for the platform architecture in all aspects, and design production-grade product infrastructures that will serve many of AT&T’s core telecom business processes.
- Provide technical leadership to the team and peers, provide guidance, perform reviews, prevent and resolve technical issues.
- Perform technology research in order to solve concrete problems and define future roadmap
- Provide leadership across the AT&T architecture community to ensure solutions are built in alignment with platform principles and standards.
- Work with software engineers and other stakeholders (other architects, product, business clients) to mentor, assist, build, define and be aligned with the business development and deployment needs.
- Work with software engineers, to mentor, assist, build and define architectural business development and deployment needs.
- Work with peer architects in the US and other stakeholders (product, business clients) to define and align on business, architectural, operations and deployment needs
What type of experience are we looking for?
- 10+ years’ experience of software product development roles, 5+ years' experience working as a Principal Engineer, Senior Architect, or Distinguished Engineer in complex cloud-based global organizations
- Strong understanding and experience in microservices-based architecture, multi-tenant infrastructures, event-driven/reactive programming and service choreography, data management and analysis
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent - information technology, management information systems, software engineering or networking (Master's degree – an advantage)
- Experience as a SaaS/PaaS architect with strong hands-on knowledge of cloud technologies including Event Grid, Kubernetes, Security, non-functional elements, DBs, and other cloud technologies and services.
- Familiarity with contemporary open source and cloud ecosystem in general, integration methodologies and implementation
- Experience with open source projects – an advantage
What type of skills are we looking for?
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools and processes in a Hybrid environment (Data Center and Cloud)
- Strong at identifying problems, solving complex problems with simple solutions
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Someone who can discuss and present information logically and concisely
- Strong customer-centric approach
- A true leader who thinks strategically
Why should you consider this job?
- You will be part of a new vibrant team that loves technology and challenges, leading new innovations, technologies and solutions at the heart of an established technology-leading organization
- You will work with the advanced industry technologies to build solutions that will serve one of the biggest scale global telecom and media companies
- You will have the opportunity to work in a strong software organization, with ever-growing opportunities for personal growth